Yard / Site Supervisor
We require a Yard Supervisor on a permanent basis for our fast growing Client who specialises in the production and hiring of modular project spaces.
Reporting to the Yard Manager, you will;
- Be responsible for 4/5 team leaders and their team of multi-skilled operators, ensuring that all units are prepared as per the contract requirements. These units must be checked and the quality sheet signed off as being accepted 24 hrs prior to the collection / delivery date.
- Lead and motivate the team to create a high performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraced.
- Liaise with the Logistics Supervisor to ensure that all materials are made available and delivered to the correct job location on time.
- Be committed to ensuring that health and safety is of paramount importance and set examples in adhering to health and safety rules.
- Set and maintain good housekeeping standards within the yard, also ensuring that yard offices / toilets are cleaned on a daily basis and are always presentable.
- Monitor all over time and sign off time sheets on a weekly basis.
- Identify any team training needs and ensuring these requirements are communicated back to the Yard Manager.
- Complete a daily report on progress / problems encountered.
- Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team of people to succeed by utilising appropriate interpersonal styles including leading by example, setting objectives and defining responsibilities to give a clear sense of direction.
- Manages the performance of others by setting clear and challenging responsibilities and monitors progress and addresses any shortfalls to ensure targets are met.
- To be able to express ideas or facts clearly and convince others through excellent listening and persuasive communication with a resilient and flexible approach.
- Shows the ability to gather information and analyse problems and risk to establish logical practical solutions.
- Is able to plan and manage resources to achieve objectives and priorities despite conflicting agendas and multiple deliverables.
Previous experience working with modular spaces is not essential but would be a great benefit.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a fast growing company.
Annual salary of £25,000. Monday - Friday. Working hours 8am - 4.30pm, however flexibility is a must.