Warehouse Team Leader
Siamo Group are currently reacruiting for a warehouse team leader for their client's Rushden site.
This is a great opportuntity to secure permanent employment with a leading global transport and logistics provider with heavy presence in UK.
Successful candidate will work with and support the Warehouse Supervisor in delivering/exceeding contractual customer KPI's within the warehouse to an agreed DSV budget, whilst driving health & safety and best practice within the operational environment.
Primary purpose of the role
- To lead and manage the shift in meeting the required workload, managing shift resource as effectively as possible to drive DSV towards meeting financial goals.
- To ensure the shift is compliant with DSV health & safety standards at all times, identifying areas of risk and looking to improve safe working practices where possible.
- The Warehouse Team Leader will make up a key part of the warehouse management team, working closely with the Warehouse Supervisor to ensure a clear communication flow is developed, allowing both shifts to work effectively towards the same goals.
- The Team Leaders play a critical role in ensuring that the day to day operations and the behaviors of the staff are completed effectively and safely.
Key accountability areas
- Team motivation - Providing the leadership for the teams and ensuring that both the AM and PM are working together. Keeping the teams well informed through shift briefings and ensuring that any issues raised are dealt with and resolved.
- Hygiene - Ensuring the warehouse is kept to agreed standard through management of clean as you go policy.
- Health & Safety - Carrying out daily audits on equipment, weekly behavioural audits on the warehouse, and ensuring general compliance with health & safety guidelines set out by DSV.
- Act as a point of escalation for staff - Both for operational issues/queries as well as disciplinary issues within the warehouse team (on floor disputes/refusals of requests etc).
- Drive operational performance to meet KPI's by effectively managing/allocating work to the warehouse team, delegating tasks/responsibility to team leaders in order to achieve tasks in a timely manner. This includes such tasks as providing daily deck checks to capture potential failures to service as well as holding start of shift briefings allowing work streams/responsibilities to be allocated accordingly at the start of shift.
- 3+ years experience in warehousing
- Experience of Red Prairie WMS, LWS, Cargolink
- Strong leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Red Prairie super user
- FLT (CB/RT) licence holder
- Courses in absence management, accident investigations, disciplinary investigations, how to deal with conflict
- Strong speaker to large groups
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- £19,000 PA
- 8/9AM starts initially, 40 hours per week
- A degree of flexibility required
- Possibility of agreement of alternate start times upon completion of training to suit business needs
- Monday-Friday working pattern
To apply for this exciting role, follow the job board application process.