Award winning Siamo Group are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Manager to work at a new distribution centre based in Tyseley, Birmingham for a well established ho have been around since 1979 and growing year on year, employing over 100 people across different sites.
Job Title: Warehouse Manager - Birmingham
Job Family: Warehouse
Reports to: Production & Warehouse Manager
Salary - up to £34k
Hours of work (39hrs p/w)- Mon to Thurs 9:30am to 6pm, Fri 9:30am to 5pm.
Interviews w/c 25th November 2019
Aiming for start date beginning of 2020
- Located at our site in Birmingham, being responsible for the day to day Operations within the site.
- Plan and co-ordinate the incoming goods, storage and dispatch of items in a timely and efficient manner to achieve your team objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), as determined by the Production Manager.
- Responsibility to ensure structured training and development for self and team to enhance skill levels, product, knowledge, flexibility, absence cover, safety & welfare of your team.
- To ensure effective, safe, accurate and timely stock management to include space allocation, stock transfer and dealing with non-confirming product.
- Working closely with the Purchasing department to ensure adequate stock levels.
- Organising and ensuring accurate and periodic cycle counts and stock takes.
- Timely reporting of all variances, out of stock items / return to stock, etc. and taking corrective action as required.
- Timely and accurate transfer and recording of all internal stock movements.
- Ensure the accuracy and strict control of all relevant documentation and administration relevant to your area.
- Ensure that the awareness of customer expectations on 'Service' and 'Right first time' are promoted throughout the organisation.
- Be responsible for ensuring that the quality of the product and service within the Warehouse is maintained at the highest possible standards for the customer.
- Ensure quality procedures and team quality targets are strictly adhered to.
- Monitor and enhance the inspection process for Incoming goods and finished products.
- Develop and maintain a robust process to manage Supplier Quality though clear and concise reporting.
- Ensure that all quality concerns are investigated and addressed to a prompt and full conclusion.
- Encourage and facilitate employee through cross-functional improvement teams.
- Implement and promote the company's Health and Safety Policy, ensuring safe working conditions and practices within the Warehouse.
- A minimum of 3 years' recent, relevant Warehouse Management experience
- Strong experience in driving and ensuring stock accuracy within a high-volume Warehouse
- Experience of managing teams within tight quality and efficiency parameters
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages; word, PPT and excel.
- Experience of managing employee relations
- Experience of training/developing staff
- Experience of driving a forklift and order picker
- Knowledge/application of business improvement techniques
- Proven multi-site experience in operations
- Management experience gained within a manufacturing environment
- Experience of Quality Systems (preferably ISO 9001 (2008))
- Working knowledge of applying 5s and CAYG principles.
- Strong people management skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning, organising and prioritising skills
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative
- Ability to implement, and ensure compliance with, Company policy and procedures
- High level of honesty and integrity
If you think this is the right opportunity for you, please send your CV online