Technical Services Advisor
The Siamo Group are currently recruiting for a Technical Services Advisor for a leading manufacturing company in the Sheffield area.
The role will be to provide customers with technical advice on the use of products and to exploit market opportunities leading to product development and increased brand awareness. To produce safe, practical, and cost effective solutions to problems encountered by specifiers and end-users. To support the sales team and provide quotations to customers providing designs and take offs as required.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Producing safe, practical, and cost-effective solutions to design problems posed by both Specifiers and customers.
- Responding to both verbal and written technical enquiries with solutions using standard products, adaptations, and bespoke items.
- Reviewing drawings, bills of quantities, and other documentation received from customers to identify the products they require, liaising with them and their design team as necessary to clarify details and / or request information.
- Carrying out designs to determine correct products; sizes etc. and communicating any details, mark ups, assumptions, etc. to the customer then passing this information on to the Sales team to produce a quotation.
Key Leadership Competencies
- Drives Result
- Cultivates innovation
- Attracts and develop talent
- Drives vision and purpose
- Strategic mind-set
- Being resilient
- Decision quality
Key functional competencies and relevant experience
- Requires a good understanding of UK construction methods and common details, particularly suited to those with experience in construction products and detailing.
- Excellent communication skills and a positive can do attitude are of paramount importance to this customer service role.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- HNC or equivalent qualification in a building or construction related subject
- Having worked with a construction related design office environment
- Able to understand Engineering/Technical Drawings
- Problem solving/Organised/Methodical /AutoCAD
- Construction knowledge/Computer literate/Microsoft Windows/Good Telephone Manner
- Identifying opportunities for new products and the improvement of existing products to reduce costs, improve, or meet new requirements.
Desirable Candidate Requirements:
- Degree qualification in a building or construction related subject
- Working knowledge of Ancon products and how they are used within the construction industry
- Ideally worked as an architectural or structural technician.
Salary up to £25000pa.
For further information please contact Andrew Burkill 07966181870 or 01142737742