Warehouse Team Manager
We are currently recruiting for one of our large clients based in Basildon, with excellent career progression with a fantastic company. They are looking for an experienced Warehouse Team Manager, to join their ever growing team within the distribution department!
- To effectively manage team members, maintaining a high standard of communication through team briefing, consultation, employee reviews and one-to-one conversations.
- To maintain operational compliance to all agreed processes ensuring all Team Members work accordingly.
- To improve operational performance in service, cost and colleagues in line with agreed approach ensuring sustainable change.
- To assist in the selection of future team members, ensuring full functional training is carried out; identify further training needs and ensure effective training is carried out to maintain operational efficiency.
- To work co-operatively with others, creating and maintaining a team spirit within and across the site to achieve a common goal.
- To liaise with the Planning department to ensure any changes to colleague's availability is fully communicated and accounted for.
- To control and allocate work, monitoring progress to ensure hourly/ daily/shift workload/tasks are completed, keeping line management fully informed of any operational issues.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience within a demanding distribution environment
- Ideally educated to GCSE standard, with qualifications in English and Maths.
- Good organisational skills
- General understanding of how the functions within a depot interact and influence customer service
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to lead a team
- Sound spreadsheet skills
- Ability to interpret and analyse data and present results clearly
- Ability to understand basic budgets and cost controls and how their departmental performance influences them
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Competent with MS Office applications ( word, excel, powerpoint)
- Ability to motivate
- Lead a team
You must be able to work any 5 out of 7 days on a weekly rotating basis - 6am to 2pm and 2pm to 10pm.
Management experience within a Warehouse or Factory is a must.
If you have all the above and looking for a new challenge, please apply NOW!!!