Transport Clerk - 2pm - 11pm
We are currently looking for a Transport Clerk to join our rapidly expanding client on a permanent basis. This will be a back shift role, with hours of 2pm - 11pm
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To support the Transport Manager and Supervisors through the provision of high quality, cost effective transport administration support in line with company and regulatory requirements to ensure our client continues to deliver the highest quality, most cost effective offering for its customers.
- Act as first point of contact within the transport office for customer, driver and other internal departments, promptly resolving, re-directing and/or escalating issues appropriately.
- Calculate, record and report core and agency driver hours on a weekly basis.
- Process payroll and HR paperwork on behalf of the Transport team.
- Update drivers' hours, holiday, and sickness using the appropriate process and systems.
- Maintain tachograph analysis records and file them in line with the legislation.
- Ensure all accident forms are completed actioned and filed correctly.
- Contribute to the provision of regular performance reports to the business.
- Support the transport manager and supervisors with note taking in any investigations or disciplinary meetings as requested.
- Support the recruitment of drivers and transport staff in liaison with the Transport Manager/Supervisors and approved recruitment agency(ies).
- Carry out any other clerical duties such as photocopying, writing letters, and filing as and when required
- Maintain fleets records in line with company policy and legislation
- Assist the transport operation/office within reasonable request/capability including but not limited to assisting the Transport Supervisor with daily routing and the Driver Assessor with licence checks, paperwork etc.
- Build relationships with internal and external service providers and clients, to ensure efficient sharing of information.
- Ensure compliance with all internal and external regulatory requirements, e.g. the Mail Integrity Code of Practice, Safety; Health and Environment regulations; Carriage of Dangerous Goods regulations; and, Data Protection and Information Security regulations etc.
- Comply with all Health, Safety and Environment policies and other relevant regulations ensuring accurate recording and reporting of any incidents, accidents or near misses.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Able to communicate effectively both on the phone, face to face and in writing to gain commitment from internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Able to work effectively as a part of a team demonstrating a hands on, energetic style with a 'can do, will do' attitude
- Able to work with minimum supervision. Can demonstrate the ability to effectively evaluate a situation and escalate appropriately
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information. Resilient and adequately robust when dealing with sensitive issues or conflicting viewpoints.
- Excellent organisational skills, able to manage effectively in order to achieve deadlines through effective prioritisation and, where appropriate, delegation..
- Excellent attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy even when working under pressure.
- Good understanding of UK and EU driving regulations and working time directives
- Intermediate skills with MS Office particularly Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills for data analysis, presentation and reporting.
- Knowledge of working time directive, driver hours regulations and tachograph compliance
- A good geographical knowledge of the local area and the UK
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and or EXPERIENCE
- Typically we would estimate that it would take at least 2 years' experience in a similar role to acquire the knowledge and skills required.
- Full driving licence as you may be required to travel to our other site or for off-site meetings
- Previous experience working with Isotrak or equivalent telematics and tracking software,
- Flexible, and willing to respond to the needs of 24 hour operation in terms of working hours.
- Able to provide support away from the normal location of work on occasion as required by the business.
Apply now for swift response!