Scope and Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Transport Manager you will provide full support to the Transport Manager with regards to all transport administration. Having previous transport related administration and customer service experience gained within a fast paced distribution environment, the ideal candidate would be flexible. Accounting administration would be an advantage.
Key Duties and Accountabilities (will include but not be limited to)
- Engage all external and internal customers by communicating in a friendly and professional manner ensuring that a good impression is maintained at all times.
- Answering and responding to all incoming calls in a prompt and polite manner.
- Ensure all internal/external customer queries or concerns are dealt with in a professional, friendly and courteous manner.
- Liaising with the management team ensuring the smooth operation of the transport department.
- Ensure all inbound/outbound paperwork is completed promptly and accurately
- Monitor and chase documentation in support of the transport operation.
- Produce statistics as and when required.
- Undertake administrative and filing duties to meet needs of the Transport Department.
- Dealing with customer orders ensuring quality accuracy, delivery timelines, instruction and communication to all depot staff.
- Maintain a harmonised people and customer focused team working environment always seeking opportunities to improve our stakeholder's experience.
- Maintain and expand an excellent proactive relationship with existing customers and suppliers.
- Dealing with customer and supplier enquiries and complaints from investigation through to closure.
- Ensuring that customer requirements are administered in a timely controlled and recorded manner.
- Ensuring that all work carried out is accounted for and processes for accurate charging and auditable trail are in place and followed.
- Support and develop the process of Continuous Improvement, challenging working conditions, systems and behaviours to increase performance and employee satisfaction.
- Enter accurate data on to all internal systems and reports
- Work closely with the Accounts and Finance teams in order to fully understand Customer and Suppliers requirement and expectations.
- Maintain data security and integrity in line with business needs.
- Creation of customer KPI reports
- Collation of accurate data to create customer invoices
- Maintain a safe working environment that complies with all aspects of the company's H & S Policy
Key Experience and Qualifications
- Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Word & Excel)
- Previous administration experience.
- Good numeric skills - including accuracy.
Technical skills and behavioural competencies:
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Good level of financial understanding
- Help maintain a motivating focused team environment.
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality
- Enjoys working to deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative, demonstrates organizational skills.
2 Shifts available
1x availability - 4 days on 4 days off 6am to 6pm
1x availability - 4 nights on 4 nights off 6pm to 6am