SEN Teaching Assistant
Siamo Recruitment are delighted to recruit for an aspiring teaching assistant with an understand of SEN within the Cheltenham area.
Teaching Assistants have a big role to play in supporting learning in a school environment and with this our client is looking for a positive role model to join their cohort to support students as they access a range of academic, vocational and recreational activities who need addition support with social, emotional and mental health needs(SEN).
Applicant must have previous experience of supporting children with disabilities and have an understanding of their needs and demands.
The role requires:
- To work with students in small groups or on a 1 to 1 basis
- To transport students off site as required
- To be confident to work with students both on and off site
- Due to GDPR it is important to keep appropriate records as required
- Facilitate positive relationships with staff members but most importantly the children and parents/carers
The client is looking for:
- good commitment to sustain attendance at work
- Positive role model
- Inspire trust and confidence across the school
- Great problem solving and resilience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of de-escalating in situations
- Good under pressure
- Emotional support for students
Qualifications and experience:
- Prove qualifications GCSE C grade or above
- DBS approved
- Previous Team Teach is an advantage
- Must be calm, understand and have a nurturing nature.
MONTHLY CAR ALLOWANCE FOR COMMUTING TO THIS ROLE IS AN ADDED BONUS!