We are currently recruiting for one of our large clients based in Shefford for an experienced Shift Manager.
This role will be 4 days on and 4 days off - 12 hour shifts.
- Full accountability for the department over all production shifts.
- Accountable and responsible for identifying department Training Needs.
- Accountable for ensuring department holidays are managed and, following sickness absence, that all Return To Works interviews are carried out in a timely manner.
- Accountable for ensuring that the use of Agency staff is effectively managed.
- Accountable for ensuring that all staff reviews (including probationary reviews) are carried out in a timely manner.
- Accountable for ensuring that all activities are Risk Assessed and that a Safe System of Work is produced.
- Accountable for ensuring that Accident Investigations are carried out in an effective and timely manner.
- Work positively with all members of the wider team to ensure that all things are done right first time.
- Ensure that communication with the team is focused and positive with a shift brief being held daily.
- Meet all company Key Performance Indicators in both an efficient and effective way.
- Develop a top performing team, continually focusing on improvement and to ensure that, where required, performance management is carried out.
- To be a problem solver and decision maker who will drive improvement in the area.
- Ensure all downtime is recorded and agreed via sign off with engineers and recorded in Daily/Weekly report.
- Ensure lines are set up correctly at the beginning of each shift and that they are fully operational.
- Ensure correct prepping methods are being undertaken on lines to maximise quality and minimise waste.
- Ensure that all documentation is fully completed and correct.
- Maintain Document file, ensuring all Master copies are in order, maintained and available.
- Ensure full traceability records are maintained, including Country of Origin control.
- Ensure Hygiene standards are maintained at all times.
- Ensure that all members of the team are complying with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure cleaning equipment and ring main system are maintained and functioning correctly.
- Basic Food Hygiene
- manufacturing experience within short life products
- Experience of Quality and Technical procedures
- experience of managing a team within Food Manufacturing
- To have experience of accepting produce from suppliers
- Team Development Skills
- To be an excellent communicator
- Time Management skills
If you have all the above and looking to work for a company that can offer stability, training and support, then apply NOW !!