Senior Application Engineer
The Siamo Group are currently recruiting a Senior Application engineer.
The client's innovative software tools and engineering capabilities are built based on their established mechanical capabilities, however they are fast expanding into offering complete design of electro-mechanical systems. Their consultancy services and software tools have been developed to address specific electrification challenges and these tools are being adopted by leading OEMs and suppliers worldwide. The client has established a Centre of Excellence for Electrification at the University of Sheffield, where they perform state of the art electrical machine and drive design, as well as develop novel electro-mechanical analysis methods.
Their ambitious plans mean they are constantly looking for new talent to join our business. You will become part of a dynamic team developing state of the art electrification software products primarily for automotive EV applications. This position has arisen directly in line with the company expansion in this fast growing area, and is therefore offering you an excellent opportunity to take a central role in this expansion and become an expert in this unique field.
The client are looking for a senior application engineer with a background in electrical engineering and preferably experience in application engineering and/or product development for electromagnetic analysis software for electrical machine design. You are highly motivated to be trained and learn new skills, allowing you to work closely with mechanical and software engineers in a highly skilled, multi-disciplinary team. You will be working on a range of challenging projects and you are required to lead and deliver development projects independently.
This is a global role for support on existing and new software products for electrification. Occasional travel to regional offices across the world will be required.
Typical work scope will include:
- First line support for electrification software products and our partnership products
- Technical support for customer visits supporting the regional teams
- Development of technical presentation material, webinars, application notes, tutorials
- Training activities on electrification and software both internal and external
- Pre-sales customer support
- Responsible for customer case studies, partnership case studies and pre-sales projects
- Support advanced consultancy projects on electrification
- Work directly with key customers to understand their requirements and identify product solutions
Engineers have the opportunity to learn and develop through the shared knowledge and experience of many talented and gifted colleagues.
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in either:
- Technical support for CAE software, preferably for electrical machine and/or power electronics design
- Application engineering experience with CAE software supplier, preferably for electrical machine and/or power electronics design
- Product development of electromagnetic or related design software
- Particular experience in using software tools such as Matlab/Simulink, Python and electro-magnetic Finite Element Analysis packages, such as Ansys Maxwell, would be beneficial.
For more information regarding this position please contact Jordan at the Siamo Group on 0114 273 7741.