Student and Academic Support Lead
This post is located in the Student and Academic Support (SAS) Team.
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of allocated academic administration and student support relating to taught and/or research students and for ensuring high levels of customer support and student satisfaction. Key functions of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting the internal processes for the recruitment of students to award-bearing courses, as advised by Central Admissions, and including the timely management of academic staff input into the recruitment selection processes and (where appropriate) liaison with the Ministry of Defence for its applicants;
- Managing communications to students before, during and after their formal registration periods, to ensure that they have accurate and timely information in order to manage their studies, including communications directly by phone and email, in group meetings and sessions, and through virtual learning environments;
- Ensuring the proper induction of students at initial registration and at key points in the course or programme delivery cycle (e.g. study tours, group projects, individual research projects;
- Ensuring that other areas of Education Services are provided with clear, accurate and timely information on the course or programme provision of the School, including course timetabling and key student events;
- Maintaining an overall understanding of the academic progression of students on his or her defined portfolio of courses and programmes within the School, and highlighting individual or systemic concerns to senior staff, including supporting formal examination boards or meetings and communicating formal outcomes, and providing clear management information at key points in the academic cycle;
- Providing key support to academic staff in the delivery of modules, group projects and individual research projects, including the arrangement of required progress review meetings and events for individual students, and groups of students;
- Providing specific advice and guidance to staff and students relating to the courses and programmes within the School and/or Theme;
- Providing support for key events in the student academic cycle (e.g. initial registration and graduation).The post holder is instrumental in ensuring that the student experience of administrative services on his or her portfolio of courses and programmes is effective, consistent and of a high standard. He or she will work very closely with academic staff (e.g. Course Directors and Module Leaders, Research Student Supervisors) to ensure that the student experience is effective, consistent and of a high standard.