Senior Assessment Administrator
Job Title SENIOR ASSESSMENT ADMINISTRATOR
Reporting to Practitioner Authorisation and Supervision Manager
Purpose of Role To be responsible for processing and administering applications assessed by external assessors seeking admission as an Authorised Person and to monitor compliance with supervision schemes.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Administer applications assessed by external assessors and made in connection with admission as an Authorised Person.
- Monitor compliance of regulated community with supervision schemes.
- Liaise with external advisors and suppliers as appropriate.
- Correspond orally and in writing with the company's regulated community and with applicants in relation to authorisation and supervision schemes.
- Make recommendations for improvements to the authorisation and supervision schemes
- Assist in producing and providing guidance to stakeholders on authorisation and supervision schemes requirements.
- Service the Admissions and Licensing Committee, preparing appropriate reports, including the annual report, agendas and when required taking minutes of meetings.
- Generally assist with the publicity and promotion of educational and professional standards regulated community, other stakeholders and the public.
- Deliver a high level of customer service in both written and verbal communication.
- Deliver customer service in line with Customer Service Standards.
- Undertake training consistent with developing skills relevant to those duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
- Provide support and advice on education quality assurance issues to colleagues.
Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Educated to A' level or equivalent.
- Excellent administrative skills including word and excel.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the legal profession, legal services and qualification routes in the legal sector.
- Excellent communication skills verbal and written; able to be both concise and accurate.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective professional internal and external relationships.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to take responsibility for meeting tight deadlines and own workload.
- Experience of working effectively and efficiently both individually and within a team.
- Experience of working within the legal sector or a higher education setting.
- Law Graduate or professional status.
Technical Skills: Applies the required technical knowledge and skills to carry out role successfully
Communication: Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
Commercial Awareness: Demonstrates an awareness of the commercial issues facing the company
Organisational Skills: Manages own time and workload effectively to meet required standards and deadlines and manages conflicting priorities
Analytical Skills: Identifies suitable sources of research and uses appropriate methods to carry out factual analysis and identify and extract relevant issues to arrive at evidence based conclusions
Accountability: Takes accountability for own workload and meeting deadlines
Attention to detail: Is able to work with large amounts of data and information with precision and maintains accurate records
Collaboration/ Relationship Management: Builds and maintains effective working relationships internally and externally
Commitment: Adopts a professional and focused approach, and is persistent in the achievement of results; committed to self-development
Resilience: Remains calm under pressure