Job Title/ Key Duties:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Communication & Relationship Skills
- Receive patients and their relatives into the department and advise surgery employees of patients' arrival.
- To make and amend appointments for patients. This will include direct face-to-face contact, contact by telephone and by post.
- Deal with telephone enquiries and in general terms, the type of care our client provides.
- To explain NHS charges to patients using tact and empathy when there may be barriers to understanding.
Analytical & Judgemental
- Send out new and recall appointments to patients, contacting patients by telephone to confirm appointments where necessary.
- To utilise the appointment book to ensure maximum activity is achieved.
- Regularly check that no patient has been overlooked and explain any reason for the delay in being seen.
- Maintain spreadsheets of data relating to patients referred into the service in relation to waiting lists and the 18 week pathway, raising awareness when waiting times are about to be breached
Excellent Telephone Manner
Good level of IT and computer literacy
Good communication skills Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
£8.21 per hour
Temp to permanence is possible
Monday to Friday 8.45am - 4.45pm