Siamo Recruitment are looking for Packhouse Operatives to work in an exciting fast paced packhouse based in the Worcester area
Siamo offer many benefits including
Free life insurance
Discounts in 1000's shops,
28 days holiday per year
- Sorting and packing vegetables as part of a team on small production lines
- Selecting, weighing and labelling of vegetables.
- Packing, Stacking and securing of orders.
- Operating packing machinery when trained and authorised to do so.
- House-keeping - cleaning all work surfaces and areas, keeping the areas neat and tidy, disposing of waste in the bins provided. The company operates a Clean As You Go Policy, which is explained in one of the training modules.
- Follow all current and any new company and statutory regulations and procedures relating to the above.
- Other reasonably related duties as assigned
- All workers are required to wear safety footwear and Hi-Visibility Jackets (Supplied by Siamo if required)
- Hair nets (provided daily)
- Being a food packaging facility the highest standards of food safety and hygiene are to be maintained by every colleague
- Full training and guidance is provided
- The environment can be noisy at times due to some machinery / conveyor belts running
The shifts and Salary
- The shifts are a start of 6am, 7am or 8am for a 8-10 hour shift.
- Colleagues will work any 5 days from 7, so regular weekend work is part of the assignment
- Starting salary is £8.82 per hour
The Ideal Candidate
- Would have experience of fruit or vegetable packing before, however its not essential as full training is given
- Is willing to working within a fast paced environment
- Has a "can do attitude"
- Is punctual for work.
- To have a good attendance record
- To be able to lift weights of 6kg to up to head height regularly and work standing up
- If you would like to live onsite there is limited accommodation within onsite caravans at a cost of £40 per person per week. This includes water but not Gas and electricity. If interested please enquire when applying for the roles.
Vacancies are Key Worker Roles that come with the benefits of being able to potentially send your children to school whilst you work and that these roles will remain really busy throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.