Project Buyer (Engineering/Automotive)
Award winning recruitment company, Siamo Recruitment are looking to recruit a Buyer, for a valued client based in Coventry.
Role: Buyer (Must have experience of purchasing with the Engineering or Automotive Sector, preferable able to read Engineers drawings)
Salary: Up to £30000 per annum - £33000 per annum (dependant on experience)
Term: Permanent Role
Hours: Full Time/Day Shift (Monday - Friday)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate and Issue RFQ data to suppliers, via dedicated RFQ, email, verbal requirements
- Analyse RFQ data
- Ensure Parts and Materials are produced at Best Price and delivery aligned to Project Plan
- Work with the Project and Programme Management team taking on full ownership of attaining all bought outs to meet deliverables
- Negotiate Best Terms and Conditions to include Payment terms preventing negative effect on Cash Flow
- Produce regular up to date reports via Buyer or Project option to ensure timely delivery schedules are met and attend relevant review meetings as required
- Pro-actively liaise with suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries, prevent issues occurring in advance.
- Keep company MRP (Progress system) fully up to date daily on project the buyer is responsible for
- Remain sole of point of contact for project purchasing including all delegated tasks
- Continually identify improvements to existing purchasing methods to drive down external spend
- Work with and support the Purchasing Department and cover absence where required
- Work with suppliers both commercial and sub-contract, continually monitoring performance levels
- Continually assess existing suppliers on their terms and conditions to improve where possible (ie. Extend payment terms, zero P & P costs)
If you are interested and would like to be considered for the role then please apply and our Recruitment Team will be in touch.