Award-winning Siamo Recruitment are looking to recruit an New Model Materials Planner to work for our prestigious client based in Desford, Leicestershire.
FTC until November 2018
Hours - 08:00am - 16:00pm (Monday - Friday)
Pay - £10.56 per hour
Effectively manage a portfolio of strategic vendors ensuring key deliverables are achieved in line with the client's expectations for new model launch.
- Direct interface with the supply base to manage and monitor the status of ordered parts/materials and expedite delivery of items to exceed client expectations up to and immediately post launch
- Work the new model parts summaries on a daily basis
- Ensure that the new model tracker status and comments are current at all times
- Establish root cause and work to resolve any issues which could affect supply of parts
- Liaison with JLR purchase, engineering and aftermarket teams to monitor and progress new model parts approvals and status
- Escalate where appropriate any issues/areas needing attention
- Identify and undertake risk management strategies with supply base
- Deliver agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) including stock in bin % at launch, ETA coverage, availability post launch -
Support supplier induction and supplier portal rollout
- Requires prior experience in or knowledge of Supply Chain with a proven track record in Material Planning
- Vendor management skills
- Strong planning & organising skills
- Good interpersonal skills including listening and questioning
- Excellent oral communication skills supported by good written skills
- Must be target driven, persistent, take ownership and be a self-starter.
- Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point and Access
- SAP knowledge is desirable but not essential
- Clean driving licence, supplier visits may be required in the UK.
- Must be confident in speaking to senior management within organisations
- Managing supplier meetings
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly team with an excellent working environment
- If you are interested and would like to be considered for this role then please call 02476374741 and ask for Jarred or send your CV today.