To help deliver the Maintenance plan & provide a World Class maintenance support to the Site, which includes; assisting the Maintenance management team in complying with all H&S responsibilities, legal compliance, delivering efficiencies, continuous in respect of production/packaging, services, buildings and all other ancillary equipment.
Deliver timely first line response and quality remedial countermeasures to breakdowns, inefficient performance and all identifiable waste streams.
- To work within all necessary EH&S legislation (e.g. LOLER, PUWER, PAT testing, Electricity @ works regs, COSHH, PTW etc.) and to proactively contribute to raising the standards across site. Additionally, be fully conversant with company safe systems of work, operating within agreed safe working practices in line with statutory and company requirements
- Site response area of accountability includes, but not limited to: Production, packaging, distribution, services, facilities, Offices & external areas
- Visible, supportive and proactive attitude towards customer requirements, constantly monitoring line performance and reacting to issues without being told.
- Carry out planned and proactive work activities as directed by the maintenance plan, working to high standards, identifying follow up work and demonstrating pride and ownership every day.
- Where required, work with production and packaging teams to ensure lines run efficiently, plans are met, customers are supplied and a close working team spirit is at the core of everything that we do.
- Proactively manage own time (and others), including work prioritisation, appropriate level of resource for job in hand, working without direct supervision and making sound decisions based on the needs of the business
- Accountability for daily proactive workload responsibilities, including; monitoring of line performance via Operator information screens, closure of maintenance requests & ownership of personal projects through to closure without being prompted.
- Contribute and assist in the management of the site CMMS system, including reviews, scheduling and PM content, in order to drive a high quality, low cost department
- To comply with stores withdrawal and restocking procedures, to ensure tight cost controls and availability of parts for future work
- Work closely with all stakeholders to maximise Health & Safety, quality, customer satisfaction and production efficiency. This includes a 'customer facing' approach with a commitment to communicate effectively and build strong partnerships with all stakeholders
- Work with the maintenance management team to instil good behaviours, high standards & raise skill levels by being a role model every day. Engender a sense of urgency & an enthusiastic drive to improve the people, plant & processes in order to achieve business goals and a winning team spirit.
- A well organised and methodical approach, while retaining a high level of flexibility to support all areas of the department, including contributing to 'extra mile' requests in relation to flexing shifts to suit business needs and volunteering for overtime as and when needed by the business.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by the Maintenance Management.
Planning and organising
Identifies more critical and less critical activities and adjusts priorities when appropriate. Stays focused, uses time effectively and prevents irrelevant issues or distractions from interfering with work completion. Leverages resources, takes advantage of available resources to complete work efficiently, coordinates with internal and external partners.
Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of mediums. Clearly conveys information and ideas through to individuals or groups in a manner that engages them and helps them to understand and retain the message.
Take personal responsibilities for own actions and for sorting out issues or problems that arise. Is focused on achieving results to required standards and developing skills and knowledge.
Identifies issues, problems and opportunities. Gathers information and analyses cause and effect. Implements corrective actions and changes processes to eliminate problems. Creates awareness of the problem, solution and action taken.