Laundry Operator - Bedford
- 37.5 hours per week
- Initially starting on day shift (8-4pm).
- Growth plans will lead to either a staggered day shift 7-3 & 3-9
- If we are successful with future sales growth it may eventually lead to 6-2pm & 2-10pm alternating shift.
- Temp to Permanent
- £15,268.50 (£7.83/hr)
This is routine manual work in the operation of laundering work wear. Work involves a variety of miscellaneous tasks to ensure that soiled laundry will be cleaned and returned in a sanitary condition. The working environment is clean and warm.
Laundry workers operate large industrial machines to wash and dry garments. When items arrive at the laundry they are sorted according to soiled condition fabric and cleaning treatment and then marked for the appropriate machined programmed washes. Cleaned items are then dried using tumble driers. Dried laundry is then folded and placed on packing trolleys ready for the next process. Other duties including packing, Goods In and Picking Orders.
Laundry workers are expected to carry out basic maintenance work on the machines, loading and unloading of chemical drums when they need to be replaced.
- Good practical skills to operate and adjust laundry equipment.
- Good observation skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work methodically and follow instructions and written procedures.
- Good timekeeping skills
- The ability to count and measure accurately.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- We require someone who likes to work at a high standard of care to get the job done at the required speed. We promote hard working, yet relaxed, friendly atmosphere, where everyone gets along.