Human Resources Administrator
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Administrator to join our busy HR Service Centre, providing a high quality professional, and proactive support service to our internal and external customers.
You will be required to manage and coordinate your own recruitment campaigns from advert right through to induction. You will also assist other team members to share a range of HR activities and be able to respond to general enquiries in person, over the telephone and by email.
This opportunity would suit an experienced Administrator, who can make an immediate impact in the team. You should have a good standard of education and proven administration skills with experience of working in a busy and pressurised environment.
You will be highly customer focused, with excellent interpersonal skills and able to support the client relationships between HR and the wider University. Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and work to and meet tight deadlines is essential. In addition, you will have a confident, friendly manner and be IT literate with experience in using a range of Microsoft applications and databases.
- Good standard of education
- Minimum GCSE C grade (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics
- Foundation Certificate in Human Resource Practice, or relevant CIPD qualification
- Comprehensive administrative experience
- Experience of working to deadlines in a busy customer focused environment
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Minute taking
- Good working knowledge of word processing packages, spreadsheets and databases
- Knowledge of recruitment processes and practices
- Knowledge of the legal framework governing contracts, discrimination and data protection etc.
- Able to plan and organise to meet deadlines
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- IT literate. Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to gain an understanding of HR policies/practices in order to answer queries and resolve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer focused with the ability to support the client relationship between HR, recruiting managers and the wider University
- Able to multi task and manage conflicting priorities
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality
- Friendly team player
- Able to work on own initiative without close supervision