HR Business Partner - 2 year FTC
Job Title: HR Business Partner
Location: Shrivenham, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Full Time, Fixed Term Contract for 2 years
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 37 hours per week
Salary: Range £32,094 to £35,773 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £44,716 per annum)
To deliver a professional, and business-focussed HR operational service to CDS that meets customer needs and corporate objectives.
You will also contribute to wider HR & OD initiatives, including input to policy and procedures, and delivery of key projects as required.
- To provide professional advice to line managers and staff on the full range of HR policies, procedures, and systems, ensuring we operate within the required legal parameters. To act as coach to line managers to further develop management and leadership skills across the board
- To work with line managers in developing targeted recruitment campaigns and being responsible for any grading assessment. Where required, to assist with shortlisting and selection interviewing.
- To ensure that the probation procedures are carried out correctly by line managers, responding proactively when concerns are apparent.
- To assist staff in their application for particular benefits, e.g. flexible working, liaising with the line manager as appropriate, and processing any relevant instruction/documentation.
- To counsel staff on a range of work-related issues, referring on to other professionals as appropriate, e.g occupational health.
- To manage ill-health related conduct and capability cases in line with the company policy and procedure, Ordinances and the Disability Discrimination aspects of the Equality Act, liaising with Occupational Health, the line manager and Pensions Manager as appropriate.
- To support line managers in the management of grievances and disciplinary cases. To be accountable and responsible for carrying out investigations, produce investigation reports and prepare all process documentation, presenting cases, acting as note-taker, or being a panel member as required
- To support line managers in organisational change initiatives. This may include support with redundancy process, consultations, redeployment and the production of associated correspondence.
- To manage the Annual Review and Appraisal Processes by providing support, advice and guidance to the Head of Centre/Department and Line Managers. To produce all necessary paperwork. To contribute to the discussions in the Pay Review meetings.
- To provide accurate statistical/management information reports/KPI reports through the Agresso system as required. To carry out analysis, evaluation and interpretation of the results to identify trends and necessary follow up actions.
- To undertake job evaluations for posts up to level 6 and to give advice to line managers and staff on composing and submitting promotion cases and whether new job content/responsibilities would warrant grading at the next level
- To carry out new starter meetings and exit interviews, ensuring that issues arising from these are followed through.
- To provide support to other colleagues and to general HR & OD projects/initiatives as required. This may include contribution to policy development, supporting others in their case work and helping run workshops. Undertaking other work as directed by the Senior HR Business Partner.
- To manage the process for all visiting researchers/interns/sabbaticals students and other visitors to CDS.
- To attend HR Operations meeting, Legal Updates and other meetings as required at the Cranfield Campus.
- To liaise with the Head of Compliance, Policy and Data and discuss changes to process. To ensure any changes meet the requirements of CDS and update the HR team. To give advice to line managers, employees and the HR team on Visa issues for staff and visitors.
- To provide advice and guidance to staff at COTEC and visit when required. COTEC is located approximately 35 miles from Shrivenham.
- To regularly liaise with the Senior HR Business Partners responsible for staff located at CDS
Education / Qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development qualified
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent
- MCIPD (Desirable)
- Psychometric Testing at Level A and B
Significant, proven experience of operating in a client-facing, HR generalist role where advice and guidance is provided on a wide range of HR issues.
- Experience of carrying out investigations and handling formal meetings including: disciplinary and grievance hearings; sickness absence and performance review meetings; fixed term contract consultation meetings
- Experience of devising and managing recruitment campaigns and conducting interviews
- Experience of job evaluation
- Experience of working in a Higher Education or a professional services environment. (Desirable)
- Experience of the Hay Job Evaluation system (Desirable)
- Good working knowledge of current employment law and HR best practice
- Knowledge of computerised HR information systems.
- Knowledge of Agresso HR system (Desirable)
Skills / Aptitudes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to produce clear and concise information for different audiences and deliver presentations as required.
- Highly customer focused.