Executive Education Sales Advisor
The Open Programme portfolio is critical to income generation for the School of Management. Run as a business unit by the CED Management Team, the portfolio represents a large percentage source of financial contribution for the School, and is therefore core to maintaining the School's knowledge base and delivery capability to the client world. Given this, the strategic plan is to grow revenue and contribution across sectors has an even greater commercial imperative on the Open Programmes Management Team.
The purpose of this role is to achieve the sales team's targets across Executive Development with internal and external sales activity, dealing with existing prospects and incoming enquiries. You will be part of a vibrant sales and marketing team in a world-class business school that also offers the opportunity for personal development through executive education to its staff.
Reporting to the Client Relationship Manager; the role will mainly involve working incoming leads and talking to clients on the phone/email to succeed in sales for the Open Programme portfolio. Ensuring that all incoming enquiries are dealt with promptly in a professional and enthusiastic manner, updating the CRM system HubSpot (training will be provided) tracking sales figures, using social media tools such as LinkedIn Sales Navigator and participating at sales events (mainly on site) hosting and talking to clients.
Drive sales and deliver revenue targets across all Open Programmes from the following sources:
- Working new enquiries and leads that you receive either by phone or generated from the Marketing team or incoming email enquiries.
- Working leads that you may receive from other Cranfield departments and also any leads that you are given by colleagues.
- Updating CRM and using it as a tool to help keep on track of lead status.
- This is mainly computer and telephone work. A strong focus is on sales telephone calls.
- Effective performance and activity management to ensure strong team and sales performance in line with agreed targets.
- Attending internal sales team meetings with line manager.
- Flag up issues where income/numbers for programmes are low and be part of the solution.
- Assist in any part of the sales team functions and processes which includes administrative tasks.
- Requirement to report on a weekly basis - Sales tracking. Training will be given.
- You will ideally have a degree and/or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable experience within a sales or business development role and impacting directly upon revenue generation.
- Sales experience in selling education or concept sales experience
- You will have a professional and consultative approach, with excellent negotiating skills, high levels of integrity and the ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects.
- You will be comfortable working under pressure, as well as results-oriented, proactive, enthusiastic and innovative.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Knowledge of lead management and sales essential skills to close business deals.
- Knowledge of sales process's.
- Knowledge of the customer journey in the B2B sector.
- This is an important, people intensive role requiring a high degree of resilience and flexibility and a proactive approach.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders within challenging time frames.
- Enthusiasm for providing excellent client service.
- Intelligent and articulate.
- High level of commercial understanding.
- Drive and determination to achieve targets and objectives.
- Ability to build positive relationships.
- Effective influencing skills - both internally and externally.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect for colleagues at all times is imperative.
- Ensuring a high level of customer focus and care.
- Good judgment and decision making skills.
- Ability to adapt to changes in market conditions.