We are currently recruiting for an Expeditor on contract for one of our large client based in Hemel Hempstead.
You will be required to work a 36 hour week for a 3 month contract where you will be working on a number of large scale international contracts.
The purpose of the role is to facilitate the flow of materials to the manufacturing factory and ensuring timely availability of set materials. You will also be responsible for the daily management and follow up of purchase orders on parts for specific projects.
- Process project parts in SAP by converting purchase requisitions to purchase orders
- Check part info records, quotations, and lead times
- Send out requests for quotations for standard and modifications to Atlas Copco designed parts.
- Schedule orders according to production build phases
- Maintain logistic parameters in SAP
- Maintain inventory and process orders for standardized parts (MRP)
- Run project order report in SAP; follow up and update open orders and orders to be placed
- Expedite confirmed orders (if applicable) and process confirmation dates
- Resolve logistic issues such as orders with incorrect parts or quantities delivered
- Resolve and follow up on production shortages
- Be in close communication with other departments (specifically engineering, purchasing, and contracts department) regarding delivery issues/slippages, technical issues
- Maintain purchase order, order confirmation and delivery records
- Investigate and resolve procurement related invoice queries
- Perform general administration support
- 5 GCSE grades A-C including English and Maths.
- Experience in an Expeditor /Procurement role ideally.
- Strong administration and computer skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with strong interpersonal skills for daily interaction with colleagues, planners, and engineers
- A methodical and systematic approach to work and solving problems
- Drive and determination to ensure the process works efficiently, and to identify where we can make things better.
If you have all the above and available immediately, please apply now !!