Delivery Team Manager
We here at Siamo Recruitment are working with one of UK's leading parcel delivery firms who are looking to onboard an ambitious and experienced Delivery Team Manager to join their growing department and support the Derby, Nottingham and Sheffield Areas.
You'll become a fundamental member of the business organising, scheduling and managing a fleet of couriers ensuring the smooth running of the day-to-day business operations working to KPI's and monitoring customer satisfaction.
This is an excellent opportunity to grow, develop and provide the highest quality service to both their customers and their employees ensuring the courier teams are working to the best of their abilities and reducing any complications maximising the professional and exceptional service they are known to supply.
Why join our client? Please see a few of many benefits below:
- Performance related bonus (up to £6,000 per annum)
- Company car scheme
- 26 days annual leave
- Opt in additional benefits scheme
- Location allowance
This Delivery Team Manager role will have the following responsibilities:
- The Delivery Managers are the point of contact for the Couriers when they have issues
- Using their experience to resolve and advise on any delivery related issues
- Managing workload ensuring all has been delivered and collected
- Review tracking data to ensure that the Couriers are on track
- Provide any route solutions
- Courier recruitment and "on-boarding" is also a major part of this role
- Managing sickness
- Working alongside Compliance Managers they manage/monitor KPI targets and are responsible for cost management/budgeting
The ideal candidate will have the following exposure:
- Previous customer service exposure is essential
- Previous exposure within the parcel delivery network would be advantageous
- The ability to deal with people and conflict
- The ability to think on your feet and come up with solutions to problems
- An approachable manner and 'can do attitude'
- The job is for someone who is able to efficiently prioritise pressing needs where there isn't an obvious solution and provide feedback to the wider business.
- A good geographical knowledge of the local area
- Previous experience of managing a team, coaching and interviewing/recruiting people is essential