DC Planning and Forecasting Manager
Siamo Group are currently recruiting DC Planning and Forecasting Manager to join a great team at their Northampton based distribution centre.
Our client has over its 24 years history expanded into a multi-channel retailer, serving their customers through mail-order, the web and in retail and achieved this growth through their passion for our products and our obsession in providing a fantastic shopping experience for their customers.
The Planning & Forecasting Manager is responsible for ensuring that the DC has a clear operational plan of activity required, by shift to deliver business requirements. They are also accountable for producing staff requirements, rotas and plans to meet the business plan while ensuring compliance with company policy and UK Labour laws.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Resource Planning function in the DC
- Review, analyse and challenge forecasts provided by merchandising, direct and finance teams
- Use forecasts provided to produce DC workload and staffing requirements to meet the business needs identified, including shift and skills mix required
- Produce peak and off peak resourcing plans
- Identify risks to delivering the plan and work with the DC Operational Management team to find solutions
- Produce staffing and management plans and rotas that match overall DC plan
- Implement real time monitoring and planning tools to identify and resolve resource and planning issues; and that allow "game planning" of scenarios
- Act as the point of contact for re-work, re-pricing and other ad-hoc DC requests so resource requirements can be planned
- Propose continuous improvement opportunities to the Supply Chain CI Team
- Monitor performance to plan to continually improve plans given to the operational team
- Monitor that service KPI's are met, including First Time, On Time, In Full for direct customer orders
- Forecast recruitment needs in the DC, and work with the People team and third party staffing supplier to ensure needs are met with the appropriate solution
- Manage holiday, training and non-productive time budgets for the DC
- Manage "banked hours" labour or other flexible labour model for permanent staff
- Facilitate DC shift meetings, reviewing performance and discussing current volumes and demand to ensure plans are in place
- Responsible for monitoring staffing budget, working with the DC Management team
- Work with the DC Management team to deliver Health and Safety policy, plans and training in the DC
- Extensive experience of working in a distribution centre, logistics or supply chain function as a planning or forecasting manager
- Experience of working with third party labour suppliers and flexible/banked hours labour models for permanent staff
- Advanced excel and experience and other workforce planning tools
- Knowledge of contracts and UK Labour laws
- Experience of delivering best practice planning
Please follow the jobboard application process to apply for this position.