Reporting to the Head of Alumni Relations, the post holder will be responsible for providing a high level of administrative support in all activity pertaining to the migration of alumni data to the new Alumni Relations and Development Blackbaud CRM.
Tasks may include but are not limited to;
- Compiling, sorting and organisation of all alumni data currently being held on spreadsheets, hard copy files, electronic submissions and online forms
- Undertaking a wide range of data cleansing activities including the identification and correction of duplicated and or incomplete records
- The accurate inputting and editing of financial and non-financial data
- Processing returned mail, ensuring relevant records are flagged appropriately e.g. invalid address, deceased, personal opt-outs
- Updating records in the new Blackbaud CRM, with contact, professional and personal data from business cards, data carriers accompanying alumni publications, regular giving mailings, email bounce backs, online alumni account updates etc.
- Manually upload a variety of correspondence from the current database to the new CRM against individual alumni records
- Updating data on current and previous students with whom the Alumni Relations and Development team has contact, for example, award winners, recipients of scholarships and academic prizes
- As and when required, provide support for gift administration in terms of the processing of payments and production of donor thank you letters.
- With guidance from the Regular Giving Manager assist the finance team with the quarterly Gift Aid reconciliation and submission to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Under the direction of the Head of Alumni Relations, support the wider Alumni Relations and Development team with appropriate ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Education / Qualifications
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent work experience.
- Previous experience of working in a data entry / administrative role.
- A high level of computer literacy with experience of using a range of applications including Microsoft Office.
- Experience of data input using a computerised database.
- Good command of the English language (written and oral).
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- A good working knowledge of spreadsheets.
Skills / Aptitudes
- Excellent data entry skills with an extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of reliability and punctuality.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, with high levels of competency using complex functionality including formulas and pivot tables.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work, which may be of a routine or repetitive nature.
- Capable of remaining calm and effective while working under pressure and to multiple / conflicting deadlines.
- A "team player" with a flexible "will do" attitude to assisting in all tasks associated with the role.
37hrs a week (9-5.30pm Monday - Thursday, Friday 9-5pm)
Based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire