Children's Support Assistant
Children's Support AssistantLeicester£10.17 Per Hour
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced children's worker to make a different in young people's lives!
This is a full time position covering for maternity leave; 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Based in a hostel close to the city centre, the successful candidate will be working parents and carers of the children & young people to ensure their needs are met and they are in a safe environment.
As Children's Support Assistant you will oversee education and play activities and be part of implementing programmes to encourage communication and education as well activities stimulate the mind and keep them active and entertained. Under all you will be responsible for ensuring the safety and wellbeing and be identifying potential risks and reporting accordingly.
You will be liaising the hostel management and other employees an be contributing to case conferences.
The successful candidate must hold the following;
- NNEB, NVQ Level 3 in Childcare & Education or B Tech Higher in Nursery Nursing
- Experience of Supervising Children.
- Knowledge of the developmental, educational and social needs of children and young people.
- Ability to liaise with other agencies and work in a multi-disciplinary setting.
- While not essential, experience in a hostel environment would be advantageous.
Please apply if you are interested in this position.