The Corporate Compliance team within the Policy & Governance Directorate (P&G) requires short term support to assist in setting up policies and processes to enable the team to establish the monitoring and recording of compliance with its regulatory and other requirements as 'business as usual'. The key purposes of the role include:
To support the Corporate Compliance Manager in relation to the provision of a professional governance administration framework comprising appropriate policies and procedures, corporate complaints process, equality & diversity, information governance/ data protection/ data security, and for corporate risk management, performance management and management of charitable trusts.
To provide other related support to the Corporate Compliance Team where appropriate, including administration support for the Director of Policy & Governance.
To represent the company at meetings and to deputise for the Corporate Compliance Manager and other colleagues at internal and external events and meetings.
- Good level of education to 'A'Level standard or equivalent
- Technically competent in relation to the regulatory requirements
- Proven experience of maintaining and reviewing quality assurance systems and undertaking self-evaluation activities to enhance performance and improve products and services.
- Awareness of Risk Management methodology and processes.
- Proven track record of project management, demonstrating the ability to drive projects forward through to completion.
- Proven experience of the ability to solve problems and present considered and innovative solutions.
- Experience of working with and managing committees.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work with and lead other highly skilled individuals to deliver results to deadlines.
- The ability to consider the potential implications of ideas and decisions and plan effectively to overcome potential problems.
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to articulate the findings of research, proposals or recommendations to peers, committees or other interested parties.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors or similar quality assurance role
- PRINCE2 project management methodology familiarity.
- Knowledge and/or experience of risk and issue management.
- Research, compile initial drafts of, review and update policies and procedures to ensure ongoing operational and regulatory compliance by environmental scanning for good practice in the sector e.g. via HSE, ICO etc.
- Create appropriate and maintain registers in relation to corporate policies to record, for example, risk, conflicts of interest, gifts and hospitality, contracts, work processes, corporate complaints, Subject Access Requests etc.
- Archive, Retention and Destruction: identify and action P & G team documentation to ensure it meets the group policy criteria. Support other teams in the delivery of the same.
- Equality & Diversity: Contribute to the review, development and monitoring of the policy, procedures and processes to ensure compliance.
- Create relevant process maps and supporting documentation to support implementation of policies for P&G Team where none currently exist.
- Administer the process for handling and recording Subject Access Requests, corporate complaints, applications to the Benevolent Fund
Internal Audit & Assurance
- Support the development of an approach, strategy, plan and procedures along with supporting documentation etc to enable demonstration of statutory and other corporate compliance.
- Support the development of customer service standards.
- Work with the Corporate Compliance Manager to deliver the QUEST project.
- Assist with the provision of compliance training across the group, ensuring that all statutory training is undertaken, logged and refreshed.
- Support the embedding of data protection compliance across the group.
- Monitor and action the P & G team in-boxes.
- Provide support in relation to the maintenance and updating of related websites/pages.