Covid-19 Support Officer
The Local Authorities in The Forest Of Dean are working in partnership to reduce the risk of Covid-19 infection rates rising and to manage local Covid-19 outbreaks.
As part of this work we are creating a new team to promote Covid security measures in local businesses and public settings and to deliver measures outlined in the Government's Contain framework.
The new team will consist of qualified Environmental Health Officers and support officers with appropriate transferable skills which will enable them, with minimal training, to carry out Covid-19 prevention work and to support the response to any outbreaks across the county.
This is a 2-3 month fixed term contract with excellent rates of pay and an opportunity to truly make a difference in today's day and age.
Conditions of Service:
- Normal local government conditions apply. Please note that this role requires working out of normal office hours, including at weekend based on a 37 hour week.
- The post holder will need to be able to undertake lone enforcement duties.
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility.
The responsibilities of a Covid-19 Compliance Support Officer:
- To encourage and ensure compliance with Covid regulations and guidance to prevent transmission of the virus
- To carry out he appropriate checks of the high streets to identify areas of concern
- To undertake proactive visits / phone calls to businesses to check compliance
- To investigate complaints from other authorities and the public
- To gather information for formal action Investigation of outbreaks within businesses and workplaces
The ideal candidate will have the following exposure:
- Strong understanding or knowledge of compliance
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to rapport build and create excellent relationship
- Maintaining accurate and up to date record
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise an ever changing workload
- Experience working with the public would be advantageous however not essential