Food preparation, cooking quality homemade food, baking and general catering.
Actively contribute and support the Catering Manager and team to develop and grow the catering provision across the site.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible to the Catering Manager for:
- Prepare, cook and present well-balanced meals and beverages to the highest quality incorporating, cultural and dietary needs as required by the companions and customers
- Work with the Catering Manager to develop monthly menus, catering for all dietary requirements
- Participate in catering events e.g. meetings and special promotional visits as required
- Support the Catering Manager with inspections undertaken by LA, Environmental Health Inspector and external verifiers ensuring we meet the necessary Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements
- Maintain accurate stock records for all provisions, light and heavy equipment
- Support the Catering Manager and team in effective control of catering revenue and expenditure
Health and Safety:
- Adherence to all procedures related to Health and Safety and COSHH regulations with regard to food storage, preparation, equipment, materials and general safety
- Ensure that a good standard of hygiene and cleanliness is maintained throughout the kitchen, to meet the required standards of practice prescribed by Environmental Health Agencies
- Ensure all equipment used is well maintained, in good working order and to log any defects and report the Catering Manager as required
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness, personal hygiene and appearance at all times
- Willingness to undertake personal professional development as required
- Actively contribute and support the Catering Manager and team to develop and grow the catering provision across the site
- Promote teamwork and motivate staff to ensure effective working relations and communication.
- Attend meetings and actively contribute to the overall Community Strategy as required
- Perform any other tasks or duties deemed necessary by the Catering Manager