Business Administrative Assistant
The post holder will provide a range of administrative knowledge and experience to support the business, development and clinical function as well as being part of the administrative pool within the organisation, to undertake tasks as required. They will be responsible for maintaining accurate records, keeping data bases up to date and to assist in the communication with staff, managers and outside agencies on a regular basis delivering excellent customer service and prompt and accurate information.
The post is based at Essex Operations team, Witham. The post holder will be required to attend in-service training and meetings at venues in Essex, and occasional travel to other locations e.g. Suffolk, Bedfordshire, when required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Act as first point of contact for the Essex Operations team, responding swiftly and efficiently to enquiries or seek advice if required. Maintain the high level of integrity necessary within the dental head office environment. Under supervision field queries which may be contentious and emotive from patients, employers and external organisations and agencies.
Develop and maintain good working relationships with all internal and external contacts. This will include regular contact with organisations such as media, local authority, commissioners and partners. Promote a positive image of the company via the website, social media and all forms of communication and when required represent and promote at external events such as partner organisations, exhibitions and conferences. Cascade information, communications and briefings as required and directed, maintaining a high level of accuracy. Ensure follow up as required.
Swiftly alert management of any possible media interest or areas which may have the potential for reputational damage to the company.
Respond helpfully and informatively to requests for non-clinical advice or information to patients, care homes and family members and continually exercise initiative in the handling of emails, telephone calls and messages.
- Use a wide range of electronic systems i.e. R4 and Microsoft Office, 365 applications to perform a range of administrative duties.
- Manage electronic and paper based filing systems. To retrieve information and correspondence as requested
- Maintain effective filing systems for correspondence, reports, hand-outs and other general information. Retrieve such documents as requested.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date communications database of invitations, documents and publications.
Administration and Organisation
- Provide a high standard of word processing skills using appropriate software to produce documents. This will include the preparation of correspondence using Word; newsletters and presentations using PowerPoint; reports and spreadsheets, data analysis and graphs using Excel. Transcribe accurately from written, audio and copy typing presented in a variety of formats.
- Attend operational meetings, take accurate minutes and distribute accordingly. Support other local managers as required; monitor electronic diaries.
- Arrange and book meetings for the Essex Operations team, including organisation of venues, advertising and distribution of publicity and catering if required. Ensure all files, relevant documentation and supporting papers are available for all attendees prior to any meeting.
- Assist in the organisation of events, e.g. team meetings, order supplies, liaise with speakers, coordinate agendas. Ensure all relevant promotional material is in stock and available for requirements.