Assistant Supply Chain Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Assistant Supply Chain Manager to join a fantastic company based in Middlesbrough.
Your role will be to manage the administrative team, whilst making sure materials are delivered on time and are correct. You will also make sure all documentation is correct and that any transport for goods is organised.
This role is ideal for anyone looking to progress within operations and logistics, and to work their way up in a reputable business.
You will support the management of activities for Operations to guarantee timely and accurate delivery to customers and cost effectiveness.
- Support management of the supply chain administrative team
- Ensure all items delivered are in accordance with client's requirements and delivery orders
- Plan delivery schedule and ensure customer service and optimal transportation costs
- Monitor and plan cutting capacity
- Pro-actively follow up on material collection and delivery
- Pre-empt and troubleshoot possible operational issues arising from changes in circumstances
- Manage accurate stock administration SAP (inbound, outbound, movements and treatments)
- Liaise with various departments and vendors to ensure timely and accurate deliveries
- Work closely with commercial department to ensure appropriate planning methodology
- Update and compile logistics related reports
- Complete any other related logistical duties as assigned
- Management of purchased services and related costs
- Comply with rules and guidelines related to legislation, safety and ISO
This is a managerial role which will require pro-activity, communication, a good can do attitude and strong attention to detail.
- Minimum diploma or equivalent - logistics/planning
- At least 3 years of work experience in logistics planning/support
- Familiar with 3PL and steel products
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) and SAP would be ideal
- Able to work in a fast paced, varied environment
- Willing to work overtime if there is work to be done
- Strong sense of responsibility and willingness to learn
- Positive approach
Hours of work are between 8:30am-5pm Monday to Friday, however overtime may be required with higher workload
Salary is competitive and negotiable
If you believe this is the role for you then please apply now!
Call 01642 608549 for a confidential discussion