Administration Officer - Maternity Contract
The successful candidate will work with an established team and will be responsible for supporting the in management of our clients cost reporting system and the preparation of reports related to current model cost reduction.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage and report the R&D projects cost performance
- Prepare cost reports daily (using MS office tools and Tableau), weekly and in line with required milestones.
- Liaise with engineers, buyers and manufacturing plants to gather required data
- Liaise with project management, purchase and finance functions to ensure alignment
- Validate the integrity of the reported data including bill of material, estimate, quote, release and adoption timings.
- Highlight irregularities and areas where action is required
- Prepare vehicle yearly TdC targets for departments & sections based on available data
- Support budget setting and control (Manpower, ES off-site services & Materials)
- Monitor expenditure vs budget
- Raise purchase requisitions
- Present reports in regular (weekly/monthly) meetings
- Manage weekly meeting with the plant to ensure earliest adoption of key items
- Expert user for Cost Data Warehouse (CDW) system
- Maintain best practice systems and processes for the regional business.
- Assist engineers to find data to support cost reduction projects (volume/mix/logistics/Other Regions cost)
- Deploy training in systems and processes.
- Develop enhancements to existing reports, systems and processes.
- Support controller in other cost activities when required
Background and Experience
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent experience with an interest and understanding of vehicle components and systems.
- Interest in business management & administration
- Strong PC skills with Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word are essential (MS Access would also be of benefit)
- Knowledge of Business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Innovative and flexible "can do" attitude.
- Self-motivated to plan and action activities with other sites
- Disciplined to manage own schedule and conduct routine work on time
- Ability to identify and develop process improvement opportunities
- Languages: English - fluent, (French, Spanish or Russian would be an advantage but not essential)
- Based in Cranfield, Bedfordshire, MK43 0DB
- Free on-site parking
- Paid overtime at 1.5x hourly rate
- Subsidised on-site restaurant
- Working hours Mon-Thurs 8am-5pm, Fri 8am-1:20pm