Assessment Officer (e-assessment)
Job Title Assessment Officer (e-assessment)
Reporting to Assessment Manager
Purpose of Role To be responsible for the production of traditional assessments including e-assessment.
To take responsibility for the frontline ownership of the units within the Assessment Officer's portfolio.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The Assessment Officer is responsible for the following activities in relation to the units within their portfolio:
- To manage the effective production of assessment materials to deadline in accordance with quality assurance policies and procedures
- To maintain a comprehensive audit trail of evidence in relation to assessment production
- To review and evaluate reports relating to assessment creation, resolving issues and escalating significant issues to senior colleagues
- To provide advice and guidance to assessors on quality assurance policies and procedures where appropriate
- To recruit qualified assessors in accordance with procedures and monitor the performance of assessors
- To organise and contribute to the training of assessors including the provision of ongoing guidance and support
Frontline Ownership of Units
- To commission and contribute to the systematic updating of unit specifications
- To ensure the website provides up to date and relevant information on qualifications
- To provide high standards of customer service to key stakeholders and to ensure feedback is sought and evaluated from key stakeholders
To undertake projects, as identified by the Assessment Manager, Product Development Manager and Director of Education.
- Deliver a high level of customer service in both written and verbal communication
- Deliver customer service in line with Customer Service Standards
- Undertake training consistent with developing skills relevant to those duties and responsibilities of the role.
- Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications Skills and Knowledge
- Educated to A Level standard or equivalent.
- Experience with e-assessment.
- Experience of quality assurance systems within an awarding body or similar.
- Good proof reading skills and attention to detail.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with the ability to perform a wide variety of tasks meeting all deadlines.
- Good standard of written English
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literate including strong Microsoft word and Excel skills along with good keyboard skills.
- Committed to own continual professional development.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of customer service excellence in both written and verbal communication.
- Law Degree or equivalent.
- Experience within a membership organisation.
Positive Disposition: Meets challenges and seeks long-term improvement. Displays a can do attitude.
Analytical: Looks objectively at situations and assesses alternatives before coming up with solutions.
Innovation: Identifies and exploits opportunities. Able to identify problems or alternative methods of working and puts forward ideas for improvement or cost reduction.
Flexibility: Is open to the benefits of change, embraces new ideas and not inappropriately rigid about their role.
Equality and Diversity Awareness: Able to demonstrate respect and understanding of a range of people irrespective of their race, disability, gender, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation and how they contribute to the success of the organisation.
Self-Awareness: Understanding oneself to better understand and relate to others. Awareness of own strengths and weaknesses.
Team working: Co-operates to meet team goals, willing to help others and shares ideas.
Commercial Awareness: Able to think ahead and identify opportunities to generate income, and contribute to the efficiency and well-being of the organisation.