This is the project management section for cost leadership and one of the key company objectives is to reduce the cost of vehicles by technical methods. The scope of work includes; promotion of activities, monitoring of performance and budget control. The successful applicant will work with an established team and with responsible for supporting the in management of cost report system and preparing reports related to current model cost reduction.
OUTLINE OF ROLE:
- Manage and report the R&D projects cost performance
- Prepare cost reports daily (using MS office tools and Tableau), weekly and in line with required milestones.Liaise with engineers, buyers and manufacturing plants to gather required dat
- Liaise with project management, purchase and finance functions to ensure alignment
- Validate the integrity of the reported data including bill of material, estimate, quote, release and adoption timings.
- Highlight irregularities and areas where action is required
- Prepare vehicle yearly TdC targets for departments & sections based on available data
- Manage the 333 budget (Manpower, ES off-site & Materials)
- Monitor expenditure vs budget
- Raise purchase requisitions in line with PMC requirements
- Present reports in regular (weekly/monthly) meetings
- Request and follow up remedial actions
- Manage weekly meeting with the plant to ensure earliest adoption of key items
- Expert user for Cost Data Warehouse (CDW) system
- Maintain best practice systems and processes for the regional business.
- Assist engineers to find data to support cost reduction projects (volume/mix/logistics/Other Regions cost)
- Deploy training in systems and processes.
- Develop enhancements to existing reports, systems and processes.
- Support controller in other cost activities when required
- Supervise staff (x1)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent experience with an interest and understanding of vehicle components and systems.
- Interest in business management & administration
- Strong PC skills with Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word are essential (MS Access would also be of benefit)
- Knowledge of Business intelligence tools such as Tableau
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Innovative and flexible "can do" attitude.
- Self-motivated to plan and action activities with other sites
- Disciplined to manage own schedule and conduct routine work on time
- Ability to identify and develop process improvement opportunities
- Languages: English - fluent, (Spanish or Russian would be an advantage but not essential)