We here at Siamo Recruitment are working on behalf of a prestigious client within Cirencester. Due to the expansion of clients and business growth they're now I the market for a driven Assistant Accountant with a keen eye for detail. You'll be completing the following tasks below for a business who specialise within Estate, Facilities and Private Property Management. This role is vital to the business and the ability to self-manage your workload is essential.
The day to day role will vary across a range of responsibilities from bookkeeping for the business to external financial administration and more.
The client we are working alongside through this recruitment process are an SME and would require an individual with an understanding of the responsibilities and importance of a role of this stature within this sized business they are.
Along with the above, the ideal candidate will need to be experienced in both Sage and Xero along with a high level of competence using Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, VLook-ups and so on).
Why join our client?
- The chance to become a vital member of a growing and successful business
- An accounts role allowing you to work on both internal and external projects creating extreme variation
- A less behind the scenes role
- Working closely with the business owner's and financial accountant
- Progression path's provided within a role which continues to grow
The Assistant Accountant will take on the following roles and responsibilities:
- Preparation of monthly fee invoices
- Reconciliation disbursement control, presentation and inclusion of disbursements on fee invoices
- External account management for clients across properties, facilities management and financial management for their clients
- Receive and record all purchase invoices
- Preparation and production of accounting information via Excel pulling data from Sage and XERO
- Prepare payments on an online banking system ready for authorisation
- Monitor bank receipts and keep debtors list updated
- Reconciling of bank accounts
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Payroll and Time sheeting
- Other month-end adjustments
- Update SAGE and take accounts to trial balance level
The ideal candidate for this Assistant Accountant role will have the following:
- Previous Assistant Accountant exposure is essential
- Minimum 8 years accountancy exposure within a range of business sectors
- Previous exposure working in an SME is advantageous
- Must have internal and external bookkeeping experience
- Efficient within Sage 50, Xero and Excel
- Ability to present Accounting information effectively
- Enjoys the country/Cotswold living lifestyle (examples will be asked)
- Self-motivated with a keen eye for detail
- Strong and professional customer service skills