We here at Siamo Recruitment are working with a leading training and apprenticeships client, passionate on delivering the best results to their clients and their learners. Working within the bespoke industry of aviation you'll be working with the worlds biggest names in the industry. This Apprenticeship Assessor vacancy will provide planning, organising and becoming the point of conduct between company, client and Apprenticeship Standards.
The portfolio provided will contain upwards of 40 learners managing and maintaining their performance, from introduction through to completion ensuring that the students, clients and assessors receive a strong customer experience.
Our client promotes a tailored service to be provided to each student as they understand people respond differently and promote forward thinking.
This Apprenticeship Assessor vacancy will provide the below benefits package:
- Starting Salary: £38,000
- Hours and working schedule: Mon-Fri - 08:30am - 17:00pm
- Onsite Parking
- Company laptop and phone provided
- Autonomous role where you will be integral to the company growth
- 25 annual holidays plus public bank holiday
- Flexible holiday policy - Buy additional or sell up to 5 days holiday
- Flextime - Hours can be accrued and taken back as leave when working beyond contracted hours
This Apprenticeship Assessor role will have the below responsibilities:
- Assessing apprenticeship competence against current Apprenticeship Standards in a timely manner
- Assess submitted evidence using only approved methods
- Support centre based workshop and hangar training as required
- Support the Lead Assessor in preparing for Awarding Organisation sampling visits.
- Monitor and report acts of cheating and/or plagiarism found during assessment
- Support the development of programme enhancement activities
- Contribute during induction programmes and during activity days
- Report activities/behaviours that may delay the timely completion of the apprenticeship programme.
- Conducting 12 week progress reviews with learners using a reflective style of review
- Preparing and submitting progress review reports to Client, Employers and Apprentices
- Completing 6 week interim support reviews with apprentices
- Setting goals, targets, work based tasks, stretch and challenge activities within designated caseloads
- Manage a caseload of approximately 40 apprentices
- Attend quarterly standardisation meetings and training sessions
- Maintain apprentice progression on the current e-portfolio and on company generated reports
- Maintain accurate CPD records with monthly activities
The ideal candidate will have the following experience and characteristics:
- Previous experience as an Apprenticeships Assessor would be advantageous
- Recent assessment completed by Apprenticeships Standards
- Full UK Driving License
- D32, D33, A1, AVA
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (Aviation) or equivalent
- Ability to achieve Enhanced DBS
- Up-to-date knowledge of Apprenticeship Standards
- Confident communicator with the ability to converse with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to build rapport with learners
- Proven experience and training in Safeguarding, PREVENT and British values