Purpose: The post holder will provide a high standard of administration to support the delivery of our executive development activities.
The nature of this work requires the post holder to be totally flexible in his/her approach.
Main Duties: To assist in the detailed administration and logistical requirements for CED's executive development offering. To collaborate with other CED Learning Delivery & Operations staff as well as School-wide administrators, faculty, external associates in the support of the delivery of executive development activities.
Assisting with the administration activities required to enable the delivery of programmes - preparing course materials and delegate packs, data entry and recording, booking meeting rooms and internal services.
Assist in the organisation of domestic and international travel and associated itineraries, arranging visas as required, being thorough and methodical about researching the most cost effective routes and carriers, and maintaining complete control of schedules and timings.
This role requires a proactive and dynamic approach, a keen eye for detail, the ability to prioritise and multi-task.
To display an understanding of the changing business needs of the department and an ability to support new and innovative interventions.
- Experience in an administrative position, preferably in a similar environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills are required - the role requires excellent relationship management skills and the ability to network effectively.
- Excellent communication skills are imperative for this role including the ability to display high levels of verbal and written communication using excellent grammar, articulation and attention to detail.
- The post holder must be intelligent, articulate, personable and confident.
- The role requires an individual that is adaptable and flexible with a dynamic nature. They should be able to quickly move between a methodical approach and a responsive quick thinking position in order to resolve problems and ensure the seamless provision of service to clients and internal customers. It is imperative that standards are achieved, even under pressure.
- The Administrator should be computer literate and should possess fast, accurate word processing skills and be proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Stamina and resilience - the role is often demanding and challenging and requires flexibility regarding working hours.